Friday, July 23, 2010

Color Is Hard: Navy and Light Blue



I saw a guy wearing a navy suit with a blue* shirt the other day, and it looked pretty good, so I thought I'd give it a shot.  This was the result.  Apologies for the flash washout.  The dark half of the ovals on the tie picks up the slacks and jacket, the light half picks up the shirt, and the little white dots (yeah, they're white, I know, color balance issues) pick up the shirt's white background.

Overall impression?  It looks good.  Almost too good.  Not quite enough contrast for my taste.  Maybe I love white dress shirts too much.  Color is hard.

-----

*When it comes to men's shirtings, "blue" usually means that kind of light gray/sky blue that is the classic Polo button-down color.  As opposed to French blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, and style ideas welcome, provided they are expressed respectfully.