Monday, February 15, 2010

Destination Shopping: Syms at Seven Corners


View Larger Map

I go on and on about Filene's Basement because it's walking distance to my office and I've had such excellent luck there for ties, cufflinks, and shoes.  But if I'm going to be honest with myself, I have to say this for Arlington County: the Syms store on the back side of the Seven Corners shopping center, next to the Shoppers Food Warehouse, has apparently identical prices but perhaps twice or thrice the sheer volume of material.

It's a cavernous, almost intimidating space, and you certainly won't see many sales associates, so you need to come in either wanting to browse or knowing what you want.  But their vast suit selection runs the gamut in price and quality, and their rack of 40 Regular sportcoats alone was perhaps 35 feet long.  The men's shoes are arranged by size, perhaps out of necessity due to their disparate shipments and inventory.  They also have a good-sized selection of casual clothes.

There's always ample parking.  I have no idea how to get there by bus, but I know that buses frequently service the shopping center.

1 comment:

  1. I have to say, as a long-time Syms fanatic, the new store can't hold a candle to the old one. It is MUCH smaller, with a fraction of the old store's inventory.

    ReplyDelete

Questions, comments, and style ideas welcome, provided they are expressed respectfully.