Saturday, November 9, 2013

Review part two: MISTER.duvall



This is the MISTER.duvall fox tie I referenced last post.  h/t my phone camera for accurately detecting the colors.  The piping has a velveteen look to it, basically the same color as the fox's eyes, or close enough that nobody at an appropriate distance will be able to differentiate.  Anyone at an inappropriate distance will probably be about to kiss you and will not, one hopes, be looking at your bow tie at that point.

It's far too easy to run aground when printing little animal images on your neckwear.  For example, my alma mater offers this rather than a nice repp-stripe tie in the school colors (one that does NOT include the logo in 1.5" letters at the bottom of the front of the polyester tie like this I mean seriously polyester for a necktie? I clearly need to go back and sort some things out in Norman).

Anyway.  The fox is in low enough resolution that it's sort of impressionistic. It's got nice colors.  It's a piece that demands to be used in fun and interesting ways.  I am thinking I would build up a winter ensemble of dark denim and gray coat, white shirt--standard neutral palette--but stick some green in it somewhere subtle: maybe socks or shoelaces.  Then stick the tie up top.  Bam.  Step 3 is walking out the door and smiling, as usual.

Thanks to MISTER.duvall for giving me the chance to review this stuff.  I may post on some of their other samples in the future if inspiration strikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, and style ideas welcome, provided they are expressed respectfully.