Today, we speak of an exciting thing: ironing. Above, a prosaic image taken Sunday morning.
Tips! (for cotton* shirts)
- Use the "Cotton" heat setting.
- Use the maximum amount of steam.
- Use the squared-off end of the ironing board whenever possible to reduce the amount of fabric-shifting you have to do.
- Iron in this order: cuffs; sleeves; collar; shoulders; chest panels; back panel.
- Pull the shirt's to-be-ironed surface taut before ironing.
- Slow and steady--I get the best results if I move the iron no more quickly than three inches per second.
- Use water (either from a spray bottle or your iron, if it has that feature) on unwanted giant wrinkles before you iron them out.