Monday, March 19, 2012
Thirteen Ways Of Looking At A Half-Madras/Half-Seersucker Bow Tie, With Apologies To Wallace Stevens
1. The propeller of the universe.
2. The essence of dandy versatility.
3. The wings of a mutant butterfly.
4. A night out in Falls Church drinking Coors Light at the State Theatre.
5. You spent too much time futzing with your bow tie knot to make it perfect. It is now dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
6. Some of the best things in life, most especially clothes, are a 10-degree angle from perfect.
7. The blues are blue and turquoise and navy and scratched-up denim and everything else.
8. Honestly, who's going to do it if you don't?
9. The stripes go in every direction and every size except the stripes in the shirt, but they are members of the same family.
10. Be forewarned: Strangers will approach you to compliment it. Depending on your disposition, maybe this is not what you are after. But even if you don't want to talk, you can always just smile and say, "Thank you."
11. Order meets chaos.
13. Can a piece of clothing make someone else feel the way you feel? Can a series of choices about which pants, shirt, tie, and shoes to wear be art? Regardless, shouldn't you be trying to find out?
Had from The Cordial Churchman.