Thursday, November 18, 2010

We All Make Mistakes Once in a While



My camera can't seem to do justice to just how pink these socks are.  I wore them with my crazy checked purple-and-pinkish shirt, and it just didn't go.  (Of course, I didn't realize this until I got to the office, at which point it proceeded to bother me for the rest of the day.)  I think maybe the pinks in question were just too different despite both being sort of pink.

So it turns out there are outer limits to my dandyism.  I guess that's good to know--means I'm less likely to end up wearing combinations that everyone but me thinks are crazy.  By age 70 or so, I hope to have overcome this stricture.

[Title alludes to "Hawaii", by Mew, on their latest album, "No more stories Are told today I'm sorry They washed away No more stories The world is grey I'm tired Let's wash away."  This isn't a music blog, but some things are too good not to share.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, and style ideas welcome, provided they are expressed respectfully.