Friday, July 5, 2013

Coordinating Textures


I waxed overly poetic and insufficiently practical last time.  "What the hell is he talking about?" you may have mused.  Exhibit 1: Cotton suit with an almost denim weave, next to a red linen tie (Nieman Marcus outlet, $40! and it knots so exquisitely), says, "Yeah, I'm wearing a cotton suit.  But I'm doing it on purpose.  Everything I put on this morning, I put on on purpose.  If you hadn't made an appointment to see me today, I probably would have stayed home and worked in a Snuggie*.  But, here we are, so let me tell you how committed Virginia is to the doctrine of employment at will..."

Also, it was the day before the 4th of July, though I wasn't thinking of that when I put it on.  Just wait until Halloween, when I break out my black suit and orange shirt and tie.  Just kidding!  It's a black shirt with an orange suit.  I have standards, you know.

*Dapper District actually feels very strongly that Snuggies ought to be illegal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, and style ideas welcome, provided they are expressed respectfully.