Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Lusting After: Brown Cap-Toes at Filene's


I don't know much about shoes, relatively speaking, but I know what I like when I see it, and I badly want these shoes.  They have been on the shelf for a month or two now, cruelly tempting me at $130.  I don't even know if the brand is any good.

What I like about these:
  • Classic style--this is a laced cap-toe with minimal ornamental stitching.  It's absolutely something I could wear to court.
  • Beautiful color--it's halfway between "caramel" and "brown", the two standard colors for men's brown dress shoes.
  • Exquisite leather--not too shiny, but not totally matte, with just a little bit of texture.
  • Slightly pointed toe--not dramatically, but enough to give the foot a little bit of shape, as opposed to a clunky, two-inch-wide round toe (as found on my current, highly serviceable black cap-toes).

1 comment:

  1. Is the "causal" button-down, untucked, with jeans no longer in style? That is my go-to causal ensemble. Even in the heat of summer, I still like to wear an undershirt.

    ReplyDelete

Questions, comments, and style ideas welcome, provided they are expressed respectfully.