Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Poll: How Much Do You Spend on a Dress Shirt?

Gentle Reader,

I endeavor to be responsive and to serve my readership.  I have particular ideas about how much certain items of clothing should cost, but that may be a function of my budget, not yours.  I want Dapper District to serve you, not me.  With that in mind, consider this an informal poll (informal because I can't figure out how to set up a poll in Blogger).  Please leave a comment stating, on average, what you pay for a dress shirt and where you usually buy it.  This will help me to calibrate many aspects of the site.

My entry: Paul Frederick, $20-30.

Thank you!

4 comments:

  1. Usually $20-30 at Jos Banks, though I've found that shirts on sale at the outlets can be as cheap as $10. My new favorite was a $9.99 outlet find (with an additional 10% off).

    ReplyDelete
  2. $55-65 at Brooks Brothers, usually 2 or 3 at a time. Thinking about trying Jos A Bank though...I've recently jumped into their signature gold suits and I like them. Maybe the shirts will work just as well??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anon, I find that JAB makes a long-lasting wrinkle-free shirt. But my JAB shirt is my "ugh I cannot be arsed to iron tonight" fallback. It's just not quite as durable as broadcloth like Paul Fredrick's.

    But yeah, JAB signature gold is a damn-good-feeling suit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. $20 JCPenney - Van Heusen or Stafford
    They both don't wrinkle, and why pay more for a shirt?

    ReplyDelete

Questions, comments, and style ideas welcome, provided they are expressed respectfully.