Friday, January 15, 2010

Passers-By

In case you are wondering whether people notice clothes (I myself used to wonder):

I was walking back to the office from the Metro station this morning, briefcase in hand, after a court appearance, and feeling a bit ratty.  I was wearing
-an unremarkable charcoal JAB Executive suit
-this shirt in blue, with some brushed aluminum cufflinks from Filene's, but the sleeves have gotten too short and the colar too tight after a rather small number of trips to the cleaners
-a basic $20 "Burma Bibas" tie from Filene's--diagonal stripes in white, cream, blue, and navy
-black cap-toes
-a white pocket square

and a gentleman, in passing, said, "You look fantastic!"

It didn't quite make my day, but it sure helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, and style ideas welcome, provided they are expressed respectfully.