Thursday, April 14, 2011

Parting Shot: Tweed and Madras


I've often sung the praises of this madras/seersucker bowtie from The Cordial Churchman, and of this tweed suit from eBay, but only in the dying embers of the 2010-2011 winter did it occur to me to combine them. 

I had struggled with the proper tie for this suit.  The thick, quilted material seemed too disparate to match with silk or shimmery ties, and my wool Welsh ties (sent from Wales!) had not yet arrived.

All along, the perfect coordination awaited me, waylaid only by my oblivion with respect to the obvious.  Tweed, a textured country material; madras, a textured country material.  Together, with a silk pocket square in dark blue for contrast and to pick up the indigo in the madras, and I was unusually pleased with myself.

Moral: Keep looking for the perfect combo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, and style ideas welcome, provided they are expressed respectfully.