Thursday, March 17, 2011

Color: St. Patrick's Day Edition



So, dark green Jos. A. Bank Signature suit (buy one, get two free--never pay more than 66% off list for a JAB suit), green over-the-calf socks from Filene's ($10), and orange tie from Paul Fredrick (clearance, $20).  Oh, and the burgundy wingtips again, $40 on eBay.  Again, they look brown here.

Anyway, I think my enthusiasm for these wingtips caused me to overdo it here.  Green is already a somewhat non-standard color for a suit, and an orange tie is definitely relatively unusual, even though it goes smashingly with the green.  I think I crossed the "astray" line at the moment I chose non-brown shoes. It's just a little bit too much.

Happy St. Patrick's Day, gentle readers.

(I'm not wearing this outfit today, or any green, for that matter, but because my firm represents a lot of employees in employment-law cases, we all know the rules, and getting pinched is not a danger.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, and style ideas welcome, provided they are expressed respectfully.