Thursday, March 10, 2011

Tie Texture: Changing-Horses-Midstream Edition


View this one at full-size so you can see the discrete textures on the tie.  The pink is totally smooth, whereas the white is actually textured like grenadine (and, as you can see here, not quite white, unfortunately). 

Now that I think about it, the more important point here is how white isn't always white.  This is a white Paul Fredrick dress shirt and a white pocket square and a white-striped tie, and they are all different colors of white.  It looked fine in the mirror and under natural light, but as I stare at it now, the whiteness-proximity (German translation, anyone?) feels dangerous.  Maybe I'm being paranoid.  Maybe I should just blame the camera like I always do.

I do like the jaunty angle this four-in-hand came out at, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, and style ideas welcome, provided they are expressed respectfully.