Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Welcome to Dapper District

Now that I've developed an acceptable posting rhythm, and begun to pass the URL around, welcome. A Mission Statement:

I want to share ideas about combining different collars, ties, wools, shirts, cuffs, socks, jeans, buttons, slacks, lapels, cottons, pocket squares, shoes.  I want to share what I've learned about maximizing garments' useful lives.  I want to share knowledge about the fundamentals of business and casual dress.

Don't let the title fool you.  Most of my suppliers aren't strictly local.  Washington, D.C. is the inspiration but not the only audience.  While many of us wear a suit and tie to work, most of us aren't especially inventive about it.  That can, and should, change.

I will offer unobtrusive footnotes to define clothing jargon for those just beginning their sartorial1 odyssey.

Upcoming highlights:
Brief Guide: The Man Who Only Needs One Suit
Faux Pas: The Tiny Tie Knot
In Praise Of: The Spread Collar with Full Windsor



1. of, or pertaining to, clothing, especially tailored clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, and style ideas welcome, provided they are expressed respectfully.